October 28, 2020 | 6:00 PM PDT
Las Vegas, NV
Las Vegas NACE Presents... "Casamigos in Your Casa"
Join the NACE Las Vegas group page. It is a great place to post pics, ideas, have discussions, get information about the chapter or just to catch up with your friends from NACE.
The mission of NACE is to provide opportunities for members to learn about current trends in the hospitality industry to assist in growth and development of their business and careers. Educational opportunities are available in monthly meetings, webinars, and the annual NACE Experience Conference. In order to support the continuing education of the membership, the Las Vegas Chapter as well as the Foundation of NACE offer scholarship opportunities for members requiring financial assistance in continuing education, certifications, and attending educational conferences.
As part of the goal to promote continuing education and to reward members who contribute to the success of the the local Chapter, scholarships are provided to attend the annual Experience! Conference. Scholarship applications are issued each January for current members, with funds to support registration to attend. Members in good standing for at least one year are eligible to apply for scholarship funds. Points are awarded based on the following criteria:
- Short answer providing the motivation for attending Experience, impact of NACE membership, and attendance to previous conferences.
- Supporting information for contributions to the local chapter including:
- Attendance for monthly meetings
- Contribution of raffle prizes and silent auction items
- Participation and support of Community Service
- Donation of products, service, or venue for monthly meetings
- Number of years as a NACE Member
- Participation as a member of a committee, appointment to the Board of Directors, Elected Executive Board Position for the local chapter
- Support of NACE National through participation on a committee
Each year, the Board of Directors designates a portion of the chapter's annual budget to be allocated to the scholarship funds. The number of scholarships awarded is based on total number of applicants, eligibility, and funds available. Scholarship Applications will be available beginning in March 2020. Professional members may complete the application for scholarship by utilizing the link and logging into the Las Vegas NACE website. For questions, please contact the scholarship committee.
FOUNDATION OF NACE SCHOLARSHIP
The Foundation of NACE scholarship program provides awards/scholarships in the form of tuition grants, travel grants, leadership training grants, and professional development to those who want a career in the catering and events industry.
- Vince DeFinis Scholarship - Application Opens Spring 2020
- The Vince DeFinis Scholarship Program honors the founder of the first chapter, Vincent DeFinis, CPCE, of the National Association of Catering and Events (NACE) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and is designed to offer support to undergraduate students and/or members in the hospitality industry who demonstrate leadership abilities.
- One recipient will be awarded a scholarship package valued at more than $7,000.
- The Foundation of NACE Scholarship - Application Opens Spring 2020
- The Foundation of NACE Scholarship is designed to offer support to student members and members in the hospitality industry who demonstrate leadership abilities.
- Two recipients will be awarded a scholarship package valued at $3,750.00 each.
- The Richard Suttman CPCE Scholarship - Application open now. Deadline November 30.
- The Richard Suttman Fund was established to support NACE members interested in pursuing certification as a Certified Professional in Catering and Events (CPCE).
- One recipient will be awarded a scholarship to cover the Application fee for the NACE CPCE EXAM.
- The Patti J Shock Scholarship - Application open now. Deadline November 30.
- In conjunction with The International School of Hospitality (TISOH), The Foundation of NACE presents the Patti J Shock educational scholarships. The scholarship provides funding for the Meeting and Events Catering Certificate program in class or online offered by The International School of Hospitality.
- One recipient will be awarded a scholarship package valued at $1,800.00 which covers tuition and fees for the program (excludes textbooks).
TIMOTHY S.Y. LAM FOUNDATION
We want to make your career dreams a reality!
The Timothy S Y Lam Foundation (TSYLF) appreciates the importance of continuing your professional education and advancement through certification. Hospitality certifications increase the value of professionals to their employers, shows proof of a comprehensive body of knowledge, and promotes industry standards, practices and ethics.
- This is not a reimbursement program. We pay your exam fees! $200-$600
- TSYLF does not pay application fees, only testing fees.
- The exam certification must be offered by a professional, nonprofit, hospitality related association that can be validated by GuideStar.org and such.
- Scholarships are for first time testing only.
- You cannot apply for retesting or recertification.
- You must be 21.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for FAQ's and to submit an inquiry application.